- Getting Started
- Tour the Interface
- Tour the Layers
- JMARS Video Tutorials
- Lat/Lon Grid Layer
- Map Scalebar
- Crater Counting
- Shape Layer
- Advanced/Custom Maps
- Graphic/Numeric Maps
- Custom Map Sharing
- HiRISE Anaglyph
- HiRISE DTM
- CRISM Stamp Layer
- Region of Interest
- THEMIS Planning
- Investigate Layer
- Landing Site Layer
- Release Notes
- Video Tutorials
- Viewing THEMIS VIS Coverage
- Displaying the Main View in 3D
- Finding THEMIS Observation Opportunities
- Submitting a THEMIS Region of Interest
- Loading a Custom Map
- Viewing TES Data in JMARS
- Using the Shape Layer
- Shape Layer: Selecting a non-default column for circle-radius
- Shape Layer: Selecting a non-default column for fill-color
- Shape Layer: Add a Map Sampling Column
- Shape Layer: Adding a new color column based on the values of a radius column
- Shape Layer: Using Expressions
- Using JMARS for MSIP
- JMARS Shortcut Keys
- Download JMARS
- Open Source
Download JMARS for Earth
Some advanced features of JMARS require a JMARS login. It is free and you can get it by filling out minimal information here
- For Beginning Users: Click on the name of your operating system in the list below to download JMARS
- For Experienced Users: If you already have Java 1.5 or later installed, you can also install JMARS using the WebStart version, which will automatically update your software as new versions of JMARS are made available.
- For Advanced Users: You can also download the JMARS jar file, which is the raw program executable.
The JMARS client is designed to be compact, but it does pull a large amount of data from the servers at ASU's Mars Space Flight Facility and must handle that data on the user's machine once it has been downloaded. Therefore, the minimum recommended system requirements are:
- A 24 bit video sub-system (required)
- DSL, Cable, T-1, or better network connection (128Kbps) (recommended)
- 4G of RAM (recommended)
- Display capable of a resolution of 1024x768 (recommended)
Download JMARS for Earth
The following JEarth installer is likely the best for your system:
Installers powered by: Install4J
JMARS for Earth
|Release Earth: 2014-09-19||Fri, 2014-09-19||
Version 3.1.6 has been released for JMARS.
|Release Earth: 2013-06-07||Fri, 2013-06-07||
J-Earth has been updated to 3.0.4. Check out some of the new updates!
Updated features include:
- minor change that will allow users to use Body->reset layers to reset layers to JMARS default/startup...
|Release Earth: 2013-04-12||Fri, 2013-04-12||
Update JMARS to the 3.0.2 version.
How do you do it?
|Release earth: 2013-03-05||Tue, 2013-03-05||
It's been nearly a year since the last official (non-beta) release of JMARS, but boy do we have some new stuff for you now! We've made so many improvements that we're calling this new version JMARS 3.0. This new version supersedes all previous versions...
|Release earth-20100920||Mon, 2010-09-20||
This release adds some exciting new features. JMARS now automatically saves its current state once a minute, and you can restore the last state when logging in. The map window can now be saved to a TIFF or JPEG2000 file. The function keys can be used...
|Release Earth-20100512||Wed, 2010-05-12||
This release addresses numerous user interface issues, extends KML and CSV support, includes a lookup table operator to aid in symbolizing shape files, and adds a threshold operation to hide pixels above, at, or below some pixel value.
|Release Earth-20100311||Thu, 2010-03-11||
This release of JMARS for Earth adds numerous useful new features to the shape layer, and greatly improves the stability and performance of several common operations.